Property ID : 90207093 MLS® CLICK FOR LARGER IMAGES!
For Sale, New! $369,000.00 - 2.5 Storey
To view a 360 degree video tour of this property, CLICK HERE!
(After clicking the link you can press play on bottom left for an automated walk through, or click around on the white circles to walk through manually.)
Historic Yarmouth Landmark
The Lovitt House is one of Yarmouth’s most known landmarks, and once housed the popular gift store; Sandy’s Gifts.
10 Parade Street is one of the best Old Yarmouth properties that Downtown Yarmouth has to offer, and it is registered as a Heritage Property with both the Province of Nova Scotia and the Town of Yarmouth.
This beautiful 2 1/2 storey home with 1 1/2 storey back addition and large barn, was constructed in 1862 for Captain John Lovitt. Its most prominent feature, the glass tower, was added in 1891, and offers views of the harbour and Atlantic Ocean, at a distance. The style of this property can be argued as it combines various architectural features from Georgian, Victorian, and Italianate periods. It also features a unique S-curved, dome roof, wood frame construction with clapboard siding, and many beautiful construction details such as, the 3-bay facade, baseboard trims, paired grand front entrance doors, and window sashes.
Today, The Lovitt House is used as 3 units. It could easily be used in a variety of ways; remain as 3 units, a 2 level single family home with apartment, Air B&B rentals, convert more space and create a new B&B in an amazing area. There are many options here!
Inside the main home, you will find a grand hardwood staircase, gorgeous hardwood floors, original fireplaces, sitting rooms, a main floor bath, dining room, kitchen, and laundry. The second floor features a sitting room, bedrooms, full bath and kitchenette. The third floor is amazing bonus space, full height, partially finished with access to the iconic glass tower. Wow! Enjoy the stunning views every day, no matter what the weather is!
This great property is within minutes to all of Yarmouth’s best amenities; Yarmouth Links Golf Course, cafés, restaurants, boutique shopping, banking, downtown business district and waterfront marina, parks, rec centre, access to public transit, places of worship, and more.
Come see if this is the change you are looking for! Call today for a private showing.
- Main Floor - Living Room: 15x16
- Main Floor - Dining Room: 15x14
- Main Floor - Sitting Room: 15x12
- Main Floor - Bedroom 1: 15x11
- Main Floor - Bathroom 1: 4x7
- Main Floor - Kitchen: 16x4
- Main Floor - Laundry: 7x7
- Main Floor - Storage: 6x7
- Main Floor -Storage: 15x8.5
- Main Floor-Storage: 24x14
- Second Floor - Bedroom 2: 15x16
- Second Floor - Bedroom 3: 12x14
- Second Floor - Kitchen: 15x16
- Second Floor - Living Room: 15x15
- Second Floor - Sitting Floor: 15x8
- Second Floor - Bathroom 2: 5x6
- Second Floor - Bathroom 3: 7x6
- Second Floor - Bedroom 4: 6.10x13.4
- Second Floor -Kitchen: 13x7
- Second Floor - Bathroom 4: 7.8x7.8
- Second Floor - Bedroom 5: 16.8x8.6 + 8.2x8.6
All listings are MLS® unless otherwise noted. This advertisement is not intended to solicit anyone currently under contract with another brokerage. MLS® and REALTOR® are registered trademarks owned by the Canadian Real Estate Association.